Colleges of Law Website Privacy Statement
- Also, Colleges of Law reserves the right to update this policy at any time without notice, so we suggest that you regularly review it.
What information is collected on collegesoflaw.edu?
When you visit collegesoflaw.edu, we may ask you to provide personal information in connection with various opportunities and activities available at collegesoflaw.edu. By “personal information,” we mean information that is (a) collected in the course of your use of collegesoflaw.edu and (b) identifiable to you or that allows you to be identified. Personal information requested might include, for example, your name, email address, telephone number or, where identifiable to you, other information such as your zip code, fax number, employer, place of employment or title. If you desire to review or correct the personal information that you provide, please contact us at the email address provided below. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, please note that ideas, proposals, inventions, product and/or service modifications, methodologies, suggestions or similar communications are not treated as private or confidential under this Privacy Statement.
Subsidiaries and Affiliates. Colleges of Law will transfer personal information to any subsidiaries and corporate affiliates.
Colleges of Law Consultants and Service Providers. Colleges of Law may disclose personal information to third party consultants and service providers (such as providers of hosting and support services) to the extent that they require access to our databases, or the information contained in our databases, to service Colleges of Law and collegesoflaw.edu.
Colleges of Law’s Security. Colleges of Law reserves the right to release personal information when we believe that the law requires us to do so or when we believe it is necessary to protect and/or enforce the rights, property interests, or safety of Colleges of Law, our users collegesoflaw.edu or others.
Reorganization or Sale of Colleges of Law. In the event that Colleges of Law is merged with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that Colleges of Law is sold or it sells all or substantially all of its assets, the information you provide will be one of the transferred assets.
As Otherwise Allowed by Law. We may transfer personal information to third parties where, notwithstanding this policy, we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so.
Terms and Conditions of Use
1. Introduction and Agreement to Be Bound. This website is operated by Colleges of Law (“Colleges of Law”). These Terms and Conditions govern collegesoflaw.com (the “Website”) and you agree to the Terms and Conditions by using the Website
4. License. Colleges of Law grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license (i) to access the Website, and (ii) while accessing the Website, to view Materials displayed on the Website for your personal internal business use, and for no other purpose. You are also granted a limited non-exclusive license to print a copy of any portion of the contents of the Website for your personal internal use and no other purpose. Before making copies of downloadable items, you will destroy existing copies of such items in your possession or control. For purposes of these User Terms, “Materials” means any text, data compilations, photographs, software, data instruction packets, graphics, illustrations, artwork, video, music, sound, and any other contents of the Website.
5. Intellectual Property.
Copyright. Colleges of Law retains all right, title and interest on behalf of itself and (where applicable) its third party suppliers and/or business partners to Materials. You acknowledge and agree that ownership of Materials resides in Colleges of Law, and agree not to challenge, directly or indirectly, Colleges of Law’s ownership (or that of its suppliers and/or business partners) in and to the Materials. You agree to indemnify and hold Colleges of Law harmless from any unauthorized use of the Materials by you or caused by you. The Materials are protected by copyright and/or other laws in both the United States and elsewhere.
Trademarks. You acknowledge and agree that any name, logo, trademark, or servicemark contained on this Website is owned or licensed by Colleges of Law or our suppliers and/or business partners and may not be used by you without prior written approval. Nothing contained on this Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on this Website without the written permission of Colleges of Law or such third party that may own the Trademark displayed on this Website. Your use of any of these materials is prohibited unless specifically provided for on this Website. Any unauthorized use of these materials may subject you to penalties or damages, including but not limited to those related to violation of trademarks, copyrights, privacy, and publicity rights.
8. Disclaimer. THE WEBSITE AND THE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. Colleges of Law AND ITS SUPPLIERS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY OR THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. Colleges of Law AND ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES TO YOU ABOUT OR FOR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS OR ABOUT OR FOR THE INFORMATION SYSTEMS, SOFTWARE AND FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE BY OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS, OR ABOUT OR FOR ANY SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION. Colleges of Law DOES NOT WARRANT TO YOU THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, THAT LOSS OF DATA WILL NOT OCCUR, OR THAT THE MATERIALS OR THE WEBSITE SERVERS ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES, CONTAMINANTS OR OTHER HARMFUL ITEMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, Colleges of Law IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS.
9. Limitation of Liability. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND THE MATERIALS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, SHALL Colleges of Law AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OR DAMAGES FOR WORK STOPPAGE OR INTERRUPTION, FOR LIABILITY OR INJURY TO THIRD PERSONS, OR FOR ECONOMIC, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DAMAGES FOR ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, DATA, GOODWILL, PROFITS, SAVINGS, OR SOFTWARE) RESULTING IN ANY WAY FROM YOUR OR ANY OTHER PERSON’S USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT Colleges of Law IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
10. Third Party Sites. THE WEBSITE MAY CONTAIN LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES, BUT SUCH LINKS ARE PROVIDED SOLELY AS A CONVENIENCE TO YOU. Colleges of Law IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF LINKED THIRD-PARTY SITES AND DOES NOT ENDORSE, SUPPORT, OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE CONTENT OR ACCURACY OF MATERIALS ON SUCH THIRD-PARTY WEB SITES. IF YOU DECIDE TO ACCESS LINKED THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
11. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Colleges of Law, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries and their officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your negligence or from your breach of the Terms and Conditions.
12. Dispute Resolution. The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Illinois without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof. In the event of litigation, the parties agree to submit irrevocably to the state and federal courts located in Cook County, Illinois and to raise no objections to the venue of such courts. The parties agree that in the event of any suit or proceeding brought by one party against the other, the party prevailing therein shall be entitled to payment from the other party hereto of its reasonable attorney’s fees.
13. Severability. If any provision of the Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court or tribunal having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of the Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
14. Waiver. No waiver of any term of the Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
(last changed/updated: October 22, 2014)