ABOUT THE COLLEGES OF LAW
- Founded in 1969
- A nonprofit, accredited institution
- Students are able to choose from four optional concentrations, including business law and family law
The Santa Barbara and Ventura Colleges of Law, a nonprofit law school, prepares students for the practice of law through a program that deftly combines quality, convenience, affordability, and real-world practicality.
- QUALITY - Our faculty members are accomplished judges and attorneys in the Tri-Counties. Our Juris Doctor students benefit from the breadth of our faculty's professional experiences.
- CONVENIENCE - Our J.D. program—offered in both Santa Barbara and Ventura, California—are scheduled three nights a week and can be completed in three-and-a-half to four years.
- AFFORDABILITY - Our Juris Doctor program costs less than half of those typically offered at traditional private law schools, allowing many students to graduate without debt.
- PRACTICALITY - Our students graduate as practice-ready attorneys poised to make an immediate contribution in their new professional setting.
The Colleges of Law is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
For more than 30 years, our Juris Doctor program has also been accredited by the Committee of Bar Examiners of the State Bar of California.